Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Toyota sacks workers for porn stash but Redland Bay council keeps Craig Ogilvie stalking creep

You can bet your (Australian) 'Constitution' that the 520+ so called city councils are the dodgiest business in Australia.

From what started out as municipal offices, that are a department of the state, have stealthfully turned into businesses, and even claims that these businesses are a third tier of government.

ALL unlawfully, but that is another post or dozen.

Keep in mind that we are told by the Murdoch media "it is not romantic or sweet of you to take a photograph of a woman without her knowledge."

See news.com.au article:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/when-did-stalking-become-a-sweet-love-story/news-story/a008c24d1eba5fdb139b33af9f7d3790

So,

at Toyota in Melbourne the company did a sweep of employees computers to see if there was any pornographic material stored on the PC's as there has been some emails going around that people found offensive.

After this sweep a few people's employment was terminated, but needless to say the company did not want this to be a high profile matter, and as a result this was not reported by the corporate media.

So,

going back to the Redland Bay 'city council' of Brisbane, Queensland, an employee by the name of Craig Ogilivie has a porn stash justifying this by stating that he is a "red-blooded" (Aussie?).

To make it worse he is a creep by stalking women, talking covert pictures and storing them on council supplied equipment.

Should the council NOT terminate Craig's employment it could be quite easily seen that they support this kind of behaviour - i.e. sexual harassment of women.

See article from 7 March 2016 by brisbanetimes.com.au of the headline:

Redlands councillor Craig Ogilvie defends porn stash


A Redlands City councillor caught with personal sex tapes and pornographic images on his ratepayer-funded laptop has defended storing the content the device, saying he is guilty only of being "red-blooded".

Division 2 councillor Craig Ogilvie, who is seeking re-election at the local government polls on March 19, also said he had not done anything wrong and the public revelation of the material on his computer was akin to being "slut-shamed".
 
Speaking with 612 ABC Brisbane breakfast host Spencer Howson on Monday morning, Mr Ogilvie admitted to storing personal sex tapes and pornographic material on his council-supplied devices, but refuted allegations he had also stored covert pictures taken of women in bikinis on the municipality's beaches.

"I think I'm guilty if anything of being red-blooded, and maybe more red-blooded than some, I don't know, I don't think so but certainly not guilty of any improper or illegal behaviour," he said.
"In relation to covertly taking photos of people at the beach, I just want to say that allegation has already been referred to the police and that was dismissed, so the idea I'm capable or have been indulging in that type of behaviour is incorrect."

Cr Ogilvie, who was also outed as having used his council accounts to access cheating website Ashley Madison in last year's database hack, said he did not believe he had done anything wrong.

"I don't think it's uncommon behaviour, I guess my message to ... everybody is the time to be prudish about this sort of thing, I think we have moved on," he said.

"There's a whole thing about being sex-positive in this world in that people who have sex lives shouldn't be ashamed or slut-shamed by anybody else for having a sexuality and enjoying that."

Councillor Craig Ogilvie said he is only guilty of being red-blooded.
Councillor Craig Ogilvie said he is only guilty of being red-blooded. Photo: Supplied
"Do you feel slut-shamed?" Howson asked.

"I definitely feel there is an element of slut-shaming in what's occurring, yeah," he replied.
"It's private stuff, personal stuff and I think it's my domain, not the public domain."

Cr Ogilvie insisted he was no different to many other employees across the country who were also issued with work-funded devices.

"All of us use our work supplied devices for some element of private use and it could be things of this type," he said.

"I don't think people should feel threatened that somebody might seize their work-supplied devices."
He said, if re-elected, he would be fighting for councillors being issued with private devices that enabled them to access all council-related material necessary, without the threat of the devices being seized.

Cr Ogilvie was the subject of a local government investigation after concerns were raised he used his rate-payer funded phone, computer and tablet to access cheaters website Ashley Madison when the hacking scandal broke last year.

After the story broke on Sunday, Deputy Premier and Local Government Minister Jackie Trad said voters would decide if Cr Ogilvie's use of his ratepayer-funded devices was appropriate on March 19.
But Ms Trad, while not commenting on the Cr Ogilvie matter, said there was nothing stopping him from facing voters in the upcoming local government elections.

"Ultimately every single elected representative faces Queenslanders and the voting population and it is the voters who will make the ultimate determination about the behaviour and the direction that local representatives take," she said.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Facebook provides false info - rigging news data

Many companies do it, from search engines, news outlets wherever statistics come into play, deliberately misleading the readers where even falsifying the opinion of the masses or the political climate of the general populous.

This time it's Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg, you know the one who called his Facebook users "Dumb F#cks" is at it again

Facebook Users - Dumb F_ _ks 

   

Read the article from 10 May 2016 posted by news.com.au of the headline:

Former Facebook staffers say conservative news is deliberately suppressed

Chief executive and co-founder of the social networking website Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, has denied Facebook tampers with the visibility of its news stories.
Howard KurtzFox News
FACEBOOK is being accused of fiddling with its formulas to suppress conservative news.
That’s what some unnamed former Facebook workers told the tech site Gizmodo — and it’s an accusation that strikes at the heart of the social network’s credibility.

Facebook relies on computer algorithms to determine what is “trending,” an influential designation that inevitably boosts traffic for what are deemed the hottest topics. But unbeknown to much of the public, Facebook hires journalists to tweak these formulas, and this is where the question of political bias has erupted.

Gizmodo reports that Facebook “routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers,” according to a former journalist who worked on the trending designations. And several former Facebook “news curators” told the website that they were told to “inject” certain topics into the trending list, even if they weren’t popular enough to warrant making the crucial list.

Depending on who was on duty, said the unnamed conservative ex-curator, citing fear of retribution from the company, “things would be black-listed or trending … I’d come on shift and I’d discover that CPAC or Mitt Romney or Glenn Beck or popular conservative topics wouldn’t be trending because either the curator didn’t recognise the news topic or it was like they had a bias against Ted Cruz.”

Facebook denies any political bias. A spokesperson said in a statement: “We take allegations of bias very seriously. Facebook is a platform for people and perspectives from across the political spectrum.
Trending Topics shows you the popular topics and hashtags that are being talked about on Facebook.

There are rigorous guidelines in place for the review team to ensure consistency and neutrality. These guidelines do not permit the suppression of political perspectives.”

The Gizmodo account is based on interviews with a handful of ex-employees who chose to remain anonymous and could be pushing their own views. Other former curators told Gizmodo they did not consciously make biased judgments on trending topics, and no one is alleging that Facebook management ordered such actions.

But as Facebook has mushroomed into a mighty media force, one that has content-sharing arrangements with major news organisations, Mark Zuckerberg has always cast his global operation as a neutral platform. If there is a cooking of the digital books that penalises conservatives, Facebook could face a considerable backlash.

A former curator gave Gizmodo notes he had made of stories that were omitted from trending topics. These included the allegations that former IRS official Lois Lerner improperly scrutinised conservative groups, and stories involving Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, the Drudge Report and Chris Kyle, the former Navy SEAL who was killed three years ago.


–– ADVERTISEMENT ––
All this, said the unnamed curator, “had a chilling effect on conservative news.”

Facebook’s algorithms collate the day’s top trending news.

Facebook’s algorithms collate the day’s top trending news.

The sources also told Gizmodo that stories reported by such conservative-leaning news outlets as Breitbart, the Washington Examiner and Newsmax, which were trending enough to be picked up by Facebook’s algorithm, were excluded unless so-called mainstream sites like the New York Times, CNN and the BBC followed up on those stories.

Facebook’s political stance has been called into question during the presidential campaign.

Zuckerberg, the company’s founder and CEO, took an obvious shot at Donald Trump last month, saying: “I hear fearful voices calling for building walls and distancing people they label as ‘others.’ I hear them calling for blocking free expression, for slowing immigration, for reducing trade, and in some cases, even for cutting access to the internet.” Zuckerberg has also signed a legal brief asking the Supreme Court to uphold President Obama’s executive action limiting deportation of illegal immigrants.

And in March, as part of a weekly internal poll, some Facebook employees asked Zuckerberg: “What responsibility does Facebook have to help prevent President Trump in 2017?”

That prompted a statement from Facebook: “We as a company are neutral — we have not and will not use our products in a way that attempts to influence how people vote.”

With more than 1 billion users worldwide, Facebook wields tremendous influence. The controversy over trending topics could cause some users to question whether the social site is subtly tampering with people’s news feeds to promote or minimise certain political stories or viewpoints.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Supreme Court restricts mother’s access to newborn


The child is the fourth to be removed from the mother.
A MOTHER has lost a fight for the right to breastfeed her baby after the 10-day old was removed from her care because of concerns about her parenting.

The child is the fourth to be removed from the mother who today took her desperate fight for access to her child to the Supreme Court.

The baby was taken into emergency care three days after its birth last month and placed with a maternal aunt.

In that time the mother lived with the child but a children’s court ordered the baby be placed in the custody of a third carer.

Under the order the mother can now only see the child between 10am and 4pm.

The case is due back before the children’s court on Monday, but the baby’s parents today asked the Supreme Court to overturn the decision.

They hoped the baby could be placed in their care for the weekend, including Mother’s Day on Sunday.

Lawyers for the baby’s parents raised concerns about the unstable start to the child’s life, saying the baby should be with its parents.

“Three carers in 10 days does not bode well,” the lawyer for the baby’s mum said.

A lawyer for the child’s father said he was able and willing to care for the child and had hoped for the baby’s mother to move in with him.

The couple have been together for 12 months, and at the time of the baby’s birth the mother was living in motels and at friends houses.

It is understood she had no pram, cot, car capsule or other baby related items.

The Department of Human Services successfully had the baby removed from the mother because of her “chaotic lifestyle” and history of substance abuse.

She also has a significant criminal record.

Authorities say it is unclear who the child’s father is, but the man purporting to be so is a known wife-beater with convictions for domestic violence offences.

Supreme Court judge Justice Andrew Keogh dismissed the application.

He said the matter could be more fully explored when it returns to the children’s court on Monday.

heraldsun.com.au 6 May 2016

The Australian Government disassembling families, one breastfeeding mum after another?

Why stop at the Aboriginal community?