The news of late is that Melbourne in the state of Victoria, has made it into the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Some examples are:
- Recently the government has been exposed as it provided fraudulent figures into the state of crime in Melbourne.
- Melbourne's desalination plant is a government scam, that will cost the tax payers billions.
- The public transport myki (pronounced my key) card system is another failed money for mates deal.
- Melbourne is one of the vigorously policed states with respect to speed cameras / speed for the SOLE purpose of Revenue Raising.
- The mass media say the Muslims live in fear in Melbourne.
- Melbourne's traffic is rated at one of the worst in the world given only a population of 4 million.
Some of the above stories brought to you by a biased mass media are true other grossly exaggerated to push a government agenda, which is NOT made public, BUT well known to the law makers and business and political community.
Melbourne's worlds worst traffic is a result of deliberate government lack of planning for the construction of roads according to population needs.
The mass media 'only' focuses on the results and how the people are suffering, but NOT how this has led to this sort of state.
Previously Victoria's roads were also planned by the MMBW (Melbourne Metropolitan Board of Works), which was also responsible for the supply of water to the general populous.
One of the unwritten policies of the MMBW was to work in the rears with respect to the building of roads, and NOT for the future generation.
Only when the traffic would be at a standstill and the masses would be screaming then new road projects would commence. This can be confirmed with the documentation from the road works done by the MMBW.
Current interviews from Town Planning Engineers to Road Works Engineers confirms that the policy still today is to provide inadequate quality and supply of roads, so that there will be always work for the people involved in the projects, i.e. a constant supply of work or money for mates, as the road works are contracted out.
In NO UNCERTAIN words the despicable state of the roads and traffic conditions is a DELIBERATE government policy.