25 June 2009

MasterChef's Geni: I'm off to see my secret lover


As the newly ejected contestant prepares to fly off to her 'special man' in Cyprus, Lucy Chesterton reports there could be trouble brewing in her kitchen.

When Brisbane widow Geni Papacostas appeared on MasterChef cooking up endless dishes of delicious Greek food, she was hiding a very personal secret.

The 54-year-old has revealed she spent the "whole time" on the show pining for a secret lover – and worrying he wouldn't wait for her.

The teaching assistant, who has lifted the lid on the "bitterness and rivalry" behind the scenes on the show, now feels torn between the man she has a relationship with in Queensland and the "special man" who lives in Cyprus.

"I want to go back to Cyprus, because there could be a special something waiting there for me, and I don't mean olive oil," she says.

Geni, who wowed judges on the show with her lamb giouvetsi and creamy custards, was eliminated from MasterChef last week after losing a "pressure test" with fellow contestants Poh Ling Yeow and Andre Ursini.

But all along, she was more worried about what was bubbling away in her personal life than the judges' verdict.

"The man is still waiting for me," she says. "I really don't know what I'm doing. He already gave me two months, since April, while I was on the show, so I want to fly as soon as I can to Cyprus."

She insists she is not a love cheat, but wants to give it a try with her secret man.

"I'm not a two-timer, believe me. I haven't had a man in my life for a long time," says Geni, who has three adult children.

"The person that is here, my kids would love me to be with. He is all mixed up and he doesn't know what might happen in the future. And I am sort of looking at him, thinking, 'I've gotta sort my life out!' Even if it's selfish, I would like to take off, leave him behind and give it a try in Cyprus..."

womansday.

It's all too hard no doubt, as ..."He is all mixed up and he doesn't know what might happen in the future".. (No one know my dear!)

But we would rather a lifestyle of sun and cafes wouldn't we...

A you mentioned you ARE selfish...

Do the needy fella a favour and get out of his life.

Posted for light entertainment purposes, as really... WGF!



No comments: