23 March 2009

Norman vs Andrassy

Golfer Greg Norman says the end of his first marriage lifted a burden from his back.
Norman and his new wife, former tennis star Chris Evert, spoke for the first time about his divorce and their marriage on the Nine Network's 60 Minutes on Sunday.
The story followed an interview with Norman's former wife Laura Andrassy, aired on Nine's A Current Affair program last year.
"It's an amazing thing when a certain amount of burden is taken off your back and a certain amount of freedom is given back to you, so your happiness comes through in a lot of ways and it's reflected right across the board for me," Norman said.
"I enjoy being around my friends more now than I have ever been before.
"Some of my friends were controlled ... I wasn't allowed to be friends with my friends in a lot of ways, so it's just good to be me."
Norman said his life had changed for the better since he has been with Evert. "Oh my Gosh. This is a new space in life. You feel like there is no manufacturing. You are who you are," he said.
"So when you actually find each other - your soulmate in life, if you want to call it that - you know it's that."
Norman said he and Ms Andrassy had been seeing a marriage counsellor for years before the split.
He said Ms Andrassy demanded a divorce in December 2005.
"She packed her bag. My parents were at the ranch (with them) and Laura said, `Aren't you going to tell `em?', right in front of them, and I was, `OK, Laura's asked for a divorce and she's leaving'. That was it. I drove her to the airport, and that was it. That's a fact. That's how the situation started unravelling."
Evert, who Ms Andrassy described as "predatory", denied any affair with Norman before the couple split.
"I think her accusations come from a place of pain and I'm shocked - astounded. That wasn't the scenario at all," she said.
"There's just no turning back, and you are aware of the consequences and the hurt and everything, but love is a funny thing," Evert said.
Norman and Ms Andrassy divorced in 2006.
He and Evert married in a lavish $2 million ceremony in June 2008, on an island the couple rented in the Bahamas.
Ms Andrassy received a reported $US100 million ($A162 million) of Norman's estimated $US300 million ($A487 million) fortune.

ninemsn 2 Mar 2009


The Shark gets Bitten.

No comments: