13 May 2008

Campbell Page withholds customer concessions

During this new era of globalisation, it is the policy to outsource a lot of tasks.

There are many benefits, and one of the most important ones is that if fraud occurs, it is difficult to establish, whether the source or the management company is to Blame.

One such instance will be examined in this article. The government outsources the services of job providing externally. One such company under this program is Campbell Page. During this process a LOT of money is exchanged. Jobseekers under the programs are entitled to fare allowance, and petrol vouchers to interviews.

A consultant, lets call him Mark, enrolled six participants into a course that allows the job seekers to get skills required to obtain a job. During this process, it was stated that fare allowance would be given to the participants. Upon an interview with all the participants, NONE were given travel allowance for that entire week.

In another instance, a customer was hurried to a prospective employer. Upon return to Campbell Page the candidate asked for a petrol voucher, and parking expenses. Mark then replied it was too late, and reimbursement will not be given.

In the above mentioned instances, Campbell Page held onto the allocated funds given to the individuals. Questions beckoned are:

  • is this an isolated incident,
  • does this happen on a regular occurrence,
  • did the consultant hold the funds.

Since government services have been outsourced, in any event the lodging of a complaint will be fruitless.

1 comment:

Young Widow said...

I am currently enrolled in a course that had to be approved by Campbell Page. Campbell Page told me they would help with course fees but have never given me any money despite obtaining my bank account details.
Two months into my course I was told to abandon my course (because it is government subsided I will have to pay the full amount $15,000) to obtain a job. I am now required to find 30hours minimum work per week. Despite medical certificates. I am not allowed to obtain part-time or less than 30hrs per week, which is acceptable for other person's receiving Centrelink payments. I must report to them once a week, if I miss an appointment they stop my payments regardless of circumstance.
They blame everything on Centrelink, but Centrelink has been fair regarding my medical problems.
A Word of warning to anyone who is referred to them- DO NOT join this job service. I am trying to transfer to another service who will help me and not cause me extra stress every week when they change their agenda.